Cornelius Noack wrote
>(i) Are you sure that is what you really want in your score ? Do
> you expext any organ player to be able to play these notes on
> sight-reading ?? ...

to which Karsten Mekelburg replied

>... the answer of (i) is
> NO. I ask my wife (the composer) an she tell me:
>
> "The suite isn't written for playing prima vista (vom Blattspiel
> sagt man in Deutsch). I expect that an organ player have enough
> time to practise this suite at least 2 weeks, before he is able
> to play it. Very good manual and pedal technical skills are provided."

In Karsten's example, originally posted 1/19, it is true that PMX choked in
bar 25. But bar 22 reaches 8 ledger lines above the treble staff; bar 23
goes 11 ledger lines above, and bar 24 goes 12 ledger lines above. PMX
gamely deals with all this, not questioning for an instant whether someone
inadvertantly went up an octave when he meant to go down, nor questioning
where there is any organ in the world that has such high notes on its
keyboard.  But evidently by bar 25 PMX got exhausted and gave up. I think we
should all give PMX a round of applause for hanging in there as long as it
did!

--Don Simons