Andre Van Ryckeghem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> is this what you want?
> Andre
> ==============
> 1 1 4 4 0 6 0 0 0 2 20 .07

> ./
> %use big flats:
> Ab
> \\\def\zq#1{\zqu{#1}}\
> bf43u zaf aflr zbf r2 /
> =================

I hope everyone noticed how clever this approach is. By redefining \zq, PMX
still handles making the accidental big, as well as positioning the accidental.
The approach also avoids having to enter any inline pitches, thereby avoiding
the numbers-vs-letters question. Bravo, Andre. I would not have been so clever.

Of course if you use this in a larger piece you won't want the redefinition to
be permanent, so maybe you'd have to do something like this:

\\let\zqt\zq\
\\def\zqforzqu{\def\zq##1{\zqu{##1}\let\zq\zqut}}\
\zqforzqu\ bf43u zaf aflr zbf r2 /

There's yet another subtlety in both of these examples: Why doesn't the
redefinition affect the FIRST chord? I'll leave it as "an exercise for the
reader," with a hint to look at the TeX file produced.

--Don Simons