> M-Tx got stuck at 0.60 for quite a while. You can now build 0.61
> on Linux by:
>
> $ git clone https://github.com/dlaurie/M-Tx
> $ cd M-Tx
> $ make

The version of M-Tx 0.61 on GitHub has now been tagged.
That means that after doing the above, you can get back to
the tagged version by entering:

$ git clone https://github.com/dlaurie/M-Tx
$ cd M-Tx
$ git checkout 0.61
$ make

The new prepmx should be in the working directory.
There is no "make install" since I do not wish to interfere
with your current TeXLive etc. I do the following.

$ cp prepmx ~/bin
$ cp mtx.tex ~/texmf/tex

An up-to-date version of the documentation is included.
In particular, the instructions for running M-Tx have been
brought into line with the new musixtex.lua.

If you want to check that everything works, you can rebuild
it and the two examples by:

1. Check that the new prepmx and mtx.tex files are the ones
the system sees.

$ prepmx
==> This is M-Tx 0.61 (Music from TeXt) <11 December 2015>
$ cd doc
$ kpsewhich mtx.tex
/home/dirk/texmf/tex/generic/mtx.tex

2. Make sure you have musixtex.lua Version 0.15-rc5 or later
from WIMA, as announced in Bob Tennent's recent post.

3.
$ make
$ make halleluja
$ make kanons