Bob Tennent wrote:

> Yes. But I presume Don had some reason to convert PDF to a raster graphic.

> And for that kind of image, png is a more economical format than jpg.

> Don: How are converting pdf to jpg? Can you not contrul the resolution?

I did the following, which is simpler than it sounds:

1. In Outlook, Format Text tab, select HTML.

2. Highlight the Acrobat window displaying the PDF

3. Click Alt-PrtScr

4. Highlight the Outlook window

5. Click Ctrl-V. Pasted image appears in the email.

6. Highlight the image in the Outlook window

7. Click Picture Tools Format|Crop

8. Crop away the unwanted parts of the pasted image.

More observations: In the above procedure, the original Acrobat screen image
had the white spaces. If I magnify the Acrobat image by 300% and repeat the
procedure, I do not get the white spaces on screen or in the pasted image.
If I start with a screen image of the .ps in GSview rather than the .pdf, I
never see white spaces anywhere. As I said before, I get the white spaces in
the same circumstances whether the .pdf was created with Acrobat Distiller
or GSview.

BUT, I never see the white spaces if I view any of the .pdf's in GSview.

The font is LilyJAZZText.

--Don