Follow-up Comment #2, bug #247 (project tex4ht):

(sorry for the delayed reply.)

hmm. can we make the \par omission conditional on oo somehow? looking at that
code, it seems to me that the \par could be having a real effect on the
regular processing. i don't have an actual case at hand, but it is precisely
these cases where \everypar is being tinkered with, etc., that it can be
crucial.  i don't see anything else forcing tex into vertical mode if \WF@box
is void.  and \par is special in latex besides, so ...

it seems to me that the real problem here is that either
(a) a <p>aragraph is not being opened with the formula, which it should be,
and/or
(b) \par is generating an end-of-paragraph even when no paragraph has been
opened.

wdyt?

thanks,

  <http://puszcza.gnu.org.ua/bugs/?247>