texascavers Digest 11 Jun 2014 22:26:52 -0000 Issue 1993

Topics (messages 23926 through 23933):

Congress in Tamaulipas Researching
        23926 by: Espeleo Coahuila

future speleo-vehicle ??
        23927 by: David

Cave Rescue going on in Germany's deepest cave
        23928 by: Lee H. Skinner

Comcast has bounced me off
        23929 by: dirtdoc.comcast.net

Using ultraviolet light to diagnose WNS
        23930 by: Lee H. Skinner

Cluster or Clutter of Spiders' Specifically Harvestmen Daddy Longlegs
        23931 by: Robert B
        23932 by: Louise Power
        23933 by: Robert B

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message ---
Hi Friends

The Secretary of Tourism in Tamaulipas, want's to know if you have interest
to visit Gomez Farías  in December 2014 or January 2015 to explore caves.
They ask me if I will create a Congress like EspeleoCoahuila but in
Tamaulipas...  "EspeleoTamaulipas" , they said can give you a security all
the way to have a great time in caves.

I have to make a researching with you, if you could be come. Please let me
know, if you think, could you can come to Gomez Farias, Tamaulipas in
January ?

Monica Ponce

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&sa=1&q=eduardo+galvani+van&btnG=

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
From BBC News: http://tinyurl.com/pg4wo94

Lee

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---

Comcast has bounced me off. Since I no longer get posts from Texas Cavers, I am
posting this in the blind. Could the administrator contact me off list and
advise if I have done the correct thing to get restablished?
dirt...@comcast.net

I am sure others have been caught by this.

It also affected the SWR Caver.Net remailer.

Steve Ball (SWR) wrote on 6/9/2014:

A couple of the big email sites (hotmail, aol, comcast) have begun to get a
little more strict on who they accept mail from, and unfortunately today, the
server that sends you the caver.net lists found itself whacked by their checks.
I've made some updates that should resolve things, and will be monitoring the
situation in case it doesn't. So don't panic if you receive an email suggesting
your subscription is disabled!

Bill Bentley just wrote:

I went in and reinstated everyone who had been disabled, I can not
however re subscribe anyone who was automatically unsubscribed.

I am assuming that I was not yet unsubscribed automatically from SWR, but it
appears that I was from Texas Cavers. I will wait to see if I get more posts
from SWR and will go back in and try to re-subscribe to Texas cavers.

DirtDoc

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
From Science News:

http://tinyurl.com/nqfue8u

Lee

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Just using this forum to have some fun....

Having just been out to a small cave on the BCI Bracken property that had
numerous pulsating mats of Harvestmen. You know the kind, where big mats of
them would peel off the walls and cover the cavers in the small entrance.

I believe Ellie made a short video of same recently.

It made me question if the proper name for a group of Spiders...Cluster or
Clutter is appropriate in this case.

Same goes for a group of Crickets = Orchestra
Cave crickets are pretty quite.

What say all of you.
Could we come up with some more appropriate and colorful 'Group' names for
our beloved cave creatures.

I'll start
A Pulse Harvestmen
A Dragoon of Cave Crickets - they remind me of mounted infantry

Other insects or names????

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
To add to the fun, Wikipedia lists the following group
nouns:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_collective_nouns_in_EnglishSome of
my personal faves:a murder of crows, an unkindness of ravens and a stare of
raccoons.I'd like to nominate the following for harvestmen:a pillow of
harvestmen.Louise
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 09:54:30 -0500
From: robert.c.b1...@gmail.com
To: Texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: [Texascavers] Cluster or Clutter of Spiders' Specifically Harvestmen
Daddy Longlegs

Just using this forum to have some fun....
Having just been out to a small cave on the BCI Bracken property that had
numerous pulsating mats of Harvestmen. You know the kind, where big mats of
them would peel off the walls and cover the cavers in the small entrance.

I believe Ellie made a short video of same recently.

It made me question if the proper name for a group of Spiders...Cluster or
Clutter is appropriate in this case.

Same goes for a group of Crickets = OrchestraCave crickets are pretty quite.
What say all of you. Could we come up with some more appropriate and colorful
'Group' names for our beloved cave creatures.

I'll startA Pulse HarvestmenA Dragoon of Cave Crickets - they remind me of
mounted infantry
Other insects or names????

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
I like Pillow. Its visually right on, yet jacks with your sensibilities,
Creepy!

A Fever of Ticks
An Apparition of Amphipods
A Shadow of Scorpions
A Muck of Cavers

I'm looking for on salamanders

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Louise Power <power_lou...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> To add to the fun, Wikipedia lists the following group nouns:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_collective_nouns_in_English
>
> Some of my personal faves:
>
> a murder of crows, an unkindness of ravens and a stare of raccoons.
>
> I'd like to nominate the following for harvestmen:
>
> *a pillow of harvestmen.*
>

> Louise
>
> ------------------------------
> Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 09:54:30 -0500
> From: robert.c.b1...@gmail.com
> To: Texascavers@texascavers.com
> Subject: [Texascavers] Cluster or Clutter of Spiders' Specifically
> Harvestmen Daddy Longlegs
>

> Just using this forum to have some fun....
>
> Having just been out to a small cave on the BCI Bracken property that had
> numerous pulsating mats of Harvestmen. You know the kind, where big mats of
> them would peel off the walls and cover the cavers in the small entrance.
>
> I believe Ellie made a short video of same recently.
>
> It made me question if the proper name for a group of Spiders...Cluster or
> Clutter is appropriate in this case.
>
> Same goes for a group of Crickets = Orchestra
> Cave crickets are pretty quite.
>
> What say all of you.
> Could we come up with some more appropriate and colorful 'Group' names for
> our beloved cave creatures.
>
> I'll start
> A Pulse Harvestmen
> A Dragoon of Cave Crickets - they remind me of mounted infantry
>
> Other insects or names????

--- End Message ---