Alex,

Lee, what do you know of the recent history of Natural Trap?

I visited Armpit in 1974. The grate was in place, but one could get the key from the BLM office in Cody. I bounced Natural Trap, in the company of Barry Fuller, the unofficial 'mayor' of Armpit. (Anybody know what became of him?) We also visited Horsethief and Bighorn and I got some fantastic photos. Was access to Natural Trap denied at some point after that, and until now?

Alex Sproul

I was at the NSS convention in Lovell, Wyoming, but only visited a cave high on a hill near Cody that had some interesting biological mats, and Horsethief-Bighorn, but not Natural Trap, and don't know much about recent history other than what was in the article. The Fox News and MSN News (Thanks, Louise) articles state that the cave has been closed for the last 30 years.

Regards,
Lee