texascavers Digest 23 Oct 2013 23:16:03 -0000 Issue 1874

Topics (messages 22966 through 22972):

Re: Poison-ivy
        22966 by: Stefan Creaser
        22967 by: Missy Singleton
        22969 by: Jon Cradit
        22971 by: Steve Keselik
        22972 by: jerryatkin.aol.com

Unsubscribe!
        22968 by: Missy Singleton

TCR thanks, and....
        22970 by: Stefan Creaser

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

If you tell the list what sort of tool/filter you use to read email - Outlook,
Yahoo, Gmail, etc. I'm sure some nice person who's more technically savvy than
I am (I just use the delete button in Outlook) will tell you how to set up the
appropriate filter.

Cheers,
Stefan

(Deleteing the rest for Sleaze's benefit :-)

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium. Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No: 2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No: 2548782

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
As much as I once loved the caving community; I'm out.  I will now gladly ask
to be taken off the mailing list.  I have received at least 5 private messages
where I have been called an idiot, been berated, insulted and mocked.  All
because I asked politely to not be included on an email thread.

Fuck off!  Oh, and have a nice day!
Missy

From: stefan.crea...@arm.com
To: missie...@hotmail.com
CC: texascavers@texascavers.com
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 12:57:20 -0700
Subject: RE: [Texascavers] Poison-ivy

You are obviously an idiot (sic) then since you don’t realize there is no way
to avoid a thread when you’re on a mailing list :-)

If you tell the list what sort of tool/filter you use to read email – Outlook,
Yahoo, Gmail, etc. I’m sure some nice person who’s more technically savvy than
 I am (I just use the delete button in Outlook) will tell you how to set up the
appropriate filter.

Cheers,
Stefan

(Deleteing the rest for Sleaze’s benefit :-)

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents
 to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information
in any medium. Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No: 2557590

ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No: 2548782

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
This seems to me to be symptomatic of what our society is increasingly
accepting as the norm or acceptable behavior.  This is becoming more common in
how we treat our "friends", our extended family of cavers, who at times we
depend on for our safety and at times our life.  We see this in our politicians
and the dysfunctional government.  It hurts people to the bone.  Is it truly
necessary?  The personal attacks and name calling.  Can we no longer have a
civil discussion and accept each other's personal quirks?  It's easy for
someone, "them", to press DELETE, the same is true for me and you, if I don't
want to read their post.
Just wondering....

[...]

I think some have missed the point,Poison-Ivy is just plain irritating
whether you get the rash or not, virtual or real.But I do think the
Sim-Cave needs a little in the entrance

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Jon Cradit <jcra...@edwardsaquifer.org>wrote:

>  This seems to me to be symptomatic of what our society is increasingly
> accepting as the norm or acceptable behavior.  This is becoming more common
> in how we treat our “friends”, our extended family of cavers, who at times
> we depend on for our safety and at times our life.  We see this in our
> politicians and the dysfunctional government.  It hurts people to the
> bone.  Is it truly necessary?  The personal attacks and name calling.  Can
> we no longer have a civil discussion and accept each other’s personal
> quirks?  It’s easy for someone, “them”, to press DELETE, the same is true
> for me and you, if I don’t want to read their post.****
>
> ****
>
> Just wondering….****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **

I agree with Jon. The comments directed to Missy were entirely uncalled for.

Jerry.

Sent from my iPhone

From: stefan.crea...@arm.com
To: missie...@hotmail.com
CC: texascavers@texascavers.com
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 12:57:20 -0700

[...]

...I'm fed up of deleting posts about Poison <insert_plant_here>.

Another great TCR in the bag. I hope y'all liked the food, and the fast service
provided by the dedicated Aggie crew under Laura's guidance.

I want to thank:
Don Arburn, for letting me run this (again). And for giving me the cash
afterwards!
Vico Jones for getting 3 bbq pits and the recycling cans to TCR (with help from
George, Oscar, Cuate and Gary). And for endless cooking tasks.
Tommy Joe (and team) for the chicken wings and pulled chicken.
Heather Tucek for hauling the other pit and doing the veggie food.
RD Milhollin (and team) for the potato salad
Eric Flint for the 'slaw
Andrea Croskey for the creamed corn
Matt Zappitello for the cobbler
Jocie Hooper for the banana pudding
Laura Creaser for the gelato
Leslie Bell for the breads (and who couldn't even be there!)
Various people for making the mac'n'cheese (about 6, I think, as everyone was
lining up!).

Thanks for all those people who came by and did various jobs (cutting, pulling,
cajoling, stoking, etc.) throughout the weekend, and (washing up) afterwards.
The servers going down the line with snacks. The people who made the sausages a
few weeks before. Jenni Arburn's friend for making cookies and cupcakes for the
cooks. The Aggies for dragging us over the line cutting up BBQ and other last
minute jobs (they only ever sign up to serve, but we make them really work ;-)

I hope I haven't missed anyone; but if I did then I *did* really appreciate
your help in putting on the feast!

So next year the theme is "Super Heros"?  That's very American... I guess it's
hotdogs and fixin's then ;-)

Cheers,
Stefan