It was Indiana, Bill, and the case was Marengo Cave vs. Ross.

http://www.casebriefs.com/blog/law/property/property-law-keyed-to-cribbet/un
authorized-possession/marengo-cave-co-v-ross/

And on this timeline go to 1937:

http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/embed/33254/3861219897/#vars!date=1806-08-
17_08:23:17!

I actually studied it in a Business Law course in college, and subsequent
to that a friend of mine bought the cave (Gordon Smith).

Bill Steele

In a message dated 12/7/2013 12:48:39 P.M. Central Standard Time,