Dear Friends,

Below is a last minute announcement of a karst geoscience post-doctoral grant
from the Karst Research Institute in Slovenia. Notice the last paragraph. If
you are interested, you must contact the Institute at the address below by 15
December 2013. I know a number of people who previously received and greatly
benefited from these grants. I encourage anyone interested to apply.

Please share or post this message with anyone you think may be interested.

Thank you,

George

-------------------------

Dear friends and colleagues,

This is a last minute call. Please respond if interested, or distribute it to
potentially interested candidates.

Zaradi zaščite zasebnosti je prikaz slik v sporočilu onemogočen. Prikaži
slike<http://pp.zrc-sazu.si/?_task=mail&_action=show&_uid=12609&_mbox=INBOX#loadimages#loadimages>
Karst Research Institute at ZRC SAZU, Postojna, Slovenia
(http://izrk.zrc-sazu.si/en/predstavitev#v) is searching a candidate for an AXA
postdoctoral grant. The Institute has been selected as an eligible institution
by AXA Research Fund. We offer stimulating environment, field sites of
classical karst, tutorship and related research infrastructure. Post-Doctoral
project must be related to the topic of Environmental risk (climate change,
from glacier retreat to sea-level rise; natural hazards, from earth hazards to
atmospheric and space-weather phenomena; human-driven environmental changes
such as urban pollution, nanotechnologies or pesticide exposure).

The candidate must comply with the following conditions:
-       The candidate must have defended her/his Ph.D. thesis in sciences
related to karst studies (geology, hydrology, geomorphology, speleothem
science, karst biology or microbiology, and similar) before the beginning of
the Post- Doctoral grant.
-       Less than 5 years since awarding of first Ph.D. (extensions to this
period may be allowed in case of eligible career breaks which must be properly
documented).
-       The candidate has to demonstrate excellence in research.

We need to report a name of one candidate to the AXA Research Fund by December
16th, 2013. The first round of selection is based on the candidate's outline
proposal that has to be submitted by January 9th, 2014. Pre-selected candidates
will be then invited to submit a full proposal by March 13th, 2014. The final
selection will be announced on June 10th, 2014.  Once selected, candidates have
up to 12 months after the announcement of the campaign results to start their
Post Doc research (i.e., to administratively register within their Host
Institution).
http://www.axa-research.org/post-doctoral-fellowships

Interested candidates are invited to contact us and send us a  letter of
interest, short CV and possible research topic. Please send an e-mail with
subject AXE-Fellowship  to i...@zrc-sazu.si<mailto:i...@zrc-sazu.si> by
December 15th, 2013.

********************
George Veni, Ph.D.
Executive Director
National Cave and Karst Research Institute
400-1 Cascades Avenue
Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220-6215 USA
Office: 575-887-5517
Mobile: 210-863-5919