Look where that got you last time, Gill.

Andrew G. Gluesenkamp, Ph.D.
700 Billie Brooks Drive
Driftwood, Texas 78619
(512) 799-1095
a...@gluesenkamp.com

On Thursday, December 12, 2013 2:21 PM, Gill Edigar <gi...@att.net> wrote:

Make the rock smaller.
--Ediger

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Andy Gluesenkamp <a...@gluesenkamp.com> wrote:

The swimming area is closed to the public while they figure out what to do
about the car-sized rock that is now hanging precariously over the well shaft.
Bummer for us Sunday morning freedivers as well as those neoprene-clad bubble
blowers.

>Andrew G. Gluesenkamp, Ph.D.
>700 Billie Brooks Drive
>Driftwood, Texas 78619
>(512) 799-1095
>a...@gluesenkamp.com
>

>On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:48 PM, "dirt...@comcast.net"
><dirt...@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>Jacob's
Well.

>Ah,yes. To see what is beyond the gate, you should read Jacob's Well by Stephen
Harrigan.  Those cavers
that I hired to work on the Texas Natural Areas Survey (which helped get
Devil's Sinkhole, the Lower Canyons, Mt. Livermore, Devil's River, Big Bend
Ranch
State Park, Enchanted Rock, and other places set aside in the Public Domain)
will
recognize slightly-disguised cavers and their colleagues from the70s. Not only
is Dwight Deal the heroic (although flawed) model for the geologist, you can
recognize parts of Ronnie Fieseler, Tom Byrd, and Ron Ralph, Gary Moore, and
certainly
remember the Lady Archaeologist who did field work in the nude.