9 years and 3 months ago, I posted something about how excited I was to
witness the birth of my daughter and I nicknamed her Cavepearl.  The link
below shows her in a brown vest on a live tv news program broadcast this
morning in Spanish throughout southeast Texas.

https://db.tt/QlkX4RPZ

What was exciting about this, is all of the studio cameraman had been
replaced by real robots.
I took this picture with my phone, while standing behind one of the robots
in the studio of Univision.   All 4 robots were tethered with a cord to a
laptop operated by one geeky looking guy.

I can see clearly now that robots are coming and they will be doing things
we never imagined.  While these robots could not go caving, I can see
something similar to these robots at the NSS Banquet serving cavers their
food, or video-taping the award ceremony, or serving as information kiosk
in the hallways, or helping the vendors with gear sales.

On a related note, the video in the link below is of today's tv segment,
featuring Cavepearl.  ( I could only find it on Facebook. )

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=760312710664416&set=vb.239977856031240&type=2&theater

David Locklear