Yes, Pete, I certainly do remember the Turtle Hurdles!

I figured Max must have come down out of a crack in the ceiling somewhere, and
finally gave up searching.   I was doubting that even if I found a traveled
route, I still would not know how to get to a main tourist trail and onto the
Snowball Dining Room.   I hoped you would be able to do so if I found a
traveled way.

That was not really fun "solo caving".   It became Endurance Zen.   But that is
a different kind of caving than started this thread.

I do think that I was out for more than an hour (and I have been out for much,
much, longer - some were quite wonderful and rewarding hours and hours),   it
certainly makes a better story that way.   Passages became upstream and low,
slow going, and a different kind of tiring caving from the exhausting Turtle
Hurdles.    I really did not want to go back the way we came and remember the
effort it took to do so. At the end we popped out pooped.

I ALSO remember well that we knew that Sweet and Sour Pork was on the menu
-----

(Hold That Thought)

Dwight