Here's a little morsel about Joe "King" Carrasco. In 1979 the Huautla
Project held a benefit concert at Soap Creek Saloon in Austin to raise money to

buy caving rope. Through Jim Lawless, a housemate of Blake Harrison's, I
lined  up Joe "King" to play at it. His band was to be one of three bands
playing that  night. But at the last minute he had to go to his mother's
unexpected wedding in  Utah. He told me that he would make good on it someday.

Fast forward nearly 30 years. When I was recruited to be in charge of the
Howdy Party for the ICS in 2009, and starting in 2007, I contacted Joe
"King"  through Ruff Daniels, who owns property next to some Joe "King" has
near
Marble  Falls. "King" said he'd do it and to keep checking back with him. So
I did. When  it got to be within a few months, and he was living in Cabo
San Lucas, Baja  California and playing in bars there, he told me, "I can't
tell you for sure  that I can be there! You're asking me to play in Texas in
eight months, and I  don't know where I'll be in eight days."

So I canceled on Joe "King" Carrasco performing at the ICS Howdy Party and
went instead with the Dusty Britches Band.

Joe "King" knows some cavers and knows about caving.

Bill Steele

In a message dated 5/5/2013 8:07:16 P.M. Central Daylight Time,