From: swr-boun...@caver.net [mailto:swr-boun...@caver.net] On Behalf Of Linda
Starr
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2013 1:48 PM
To: Internal Communications of the Sandia Grotto; lmcn...@austin.rr.com;
Southwestern Region
Subject: Re: [SWR] No Place On Earth movie May 3 Austin, May 10 Dallas

Hey grotto and SWR cavers,
     We went to see "No Place on Earth" movie last night in Santa Fe. It was
only $9, cheaper than other movies; a documentary that was well worth seeing. I
was nearly crying by the end. It is very stirring. I hope we can get it at The
Guild in Albuquerque. There were 0 other cavers at the showings in Santa Fe (at
The Screen, on the campus of University of Art and Design) besides us.
     At the 2007 convention in Indiana, a presentation was given by the author
(the main character in the movie) of "The Secret of Priest's Grotto." We went
to the presentation then, and I was moved to buy the book and have it
autographed. The movie characterizes the families, their trials, their stories
of survival and determination to escape from the Nazis during World War II,
when the Germans invaded the Ukraine. The movie makes you think, "Could I do
this with my family if I had to."  My answer is "NO!"  Families and people
today would not be able to survive 1-1/2 years in a cave.
     Anyway, if you  get a chance to see the movie, you will be affected by it.
Linda Starr

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 1:08 AM, Linda Starr