Dear Friends,

The 13th Multidisciplinary Conference on Sinkholes and the Engineering and
Environmental Impacts of Karst will be held in Carlsbad, New Mexico, on 6-10
May 2013. We have already accepted dozens of excellent papers, designed several
insightful short courses, have scheduled four outstanding special invited
speakers, and are preparing what is one of the most unique and fascinating
field trips of this conference series.

You can still register for the conference at a discount price, but only through
this Thursday, February 14th. On Friday, the prices go up! The prices for
registration are the lowest in many years, especially for students, but only if
you register by the 14th.

For information about the conference and to register, go to
https://sites.google.com/site/sinkholeconference2013/. While sinkholes are the
major theme, since 1984 this conference series has been the greatest forum on
karst engineering, geotechnical, water resource, and other environmental
management issues. Participation is always international and includes several
papers this year from China. To see a sinkhole in China which recently
swallowed a 3-story building, visit
http://m.csmonitor.com/Science/2013/0129/Sinkhole-swallows-building-complex-in-China.
 This conference series has been instrumental in reducing such incidents, and I
look forward to seeing you there to improve the science and prevent even more
collapses.

Please share this message with anyone you think may be interested.

George

********************
George Veni, Ph.D.
Executive Director
National Cave and Karst Research Institute
400-1 Cascades Avenue
Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220-6215 USA
Office: 575-887-5517
Mobile: 210-863-5919