May it also be recogonized that the PBSS answered a challeneg by another Texas Grotto to buy $100 worth of books from the NSS bookstore and donate to a local Library. While the local public Library did not seem to be interested the PBSS have decided to donate the $100.00 worth of cave books and free brochures to the Sibley Nature Center located here in Midland.( http://www.sibleynaturecenter.org )
Thanks,
Bill

----- Original Message ----- From: "J. LaRue Thomas" <jlrbi...@sonoratx.net>
To: <p...@caver.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:10 PM
Subject: [PBSS] May meeting notes

PBSS Meeting 10 May 2011

The meeting opened as soon as we realized it was after 7:00 pm, at 7:03.

In attendance: Bill Bentley, Walter Feaster, Tony Abernathy, Patrick Ray, Jacqui Thomas.

We started with the treasurer's report and a report on our membership. We have money, all but $5.00 in the bank. PBSS currently has 19 members, 14 current with dues plus 5 honarary members. Of the 14, 9 are "regular" and 5 are associate or student members.

Some discussion followed on how to encourage members to re-up, how to increase membership, do we want to increase membership? We commented on the fact that we don't seem to get more members because we aren't as active as we'd like to be, and we're not particularly active because we don't have enough members.

Bill is going to look into the possibility of printing a brochure.

Jacqui gave a brief synopsis of the latest NSS I/O report-for further details on the WNS info, email Jacqui or check the NSS website.

While wondering about the next 5 Mouth dig date, we realized that some of us are availavble this Saturday. We called the landowner and this Saturday (May 14) it is, and Bill posted a dig announcement to texascavers. We would dig only from 8am to 5pm. June 4th is fine with the landowner, too.

Regarding Abyss: The leaseholder asked us to pick a couple of dates and send him signed releases in advance of our trip. We picked June 11th or June 18th and will check with everyone before Jacqui gets back to the leaseholder. Jacqui will scan a release form to .pdf and attache it to the PBSS remailer.

We also discussed a need for honing of vertical skills before Abyss and Bill will look at rigging his tower. We threw around ideas for practice time, practice time plus food...nothing firm but we'll all still think about it.

We checked to make sure we are on the Murray's calendar for the rest of the year.

And that's all-the meeting closed at 8:03.

Note: After the meeting Treasurer and Pres. Set up a meeting with Sibley Center for before the next meeting. We will present Richard and/or Burr with the cave-related books we ordered for them.