Hi everyone,

On the NSS Planning Committee, we're trying to move forward on issues
central to the future of the NSS.  One category we're working on is the idea
that we can do things to improve the value of an NSS Membership.  To that
end, if you have ideas or thoughts on ways to improve value, I'd love to
hear them.

Fair warning, though:  I've already sent messages out to CaveChat and other
listservs, and what typically happens is that I get a gripe list about
either what the NSS isn't doing, or should be doing, or specific beefs about
past policy decisions.  That's all well and good, and I personally do my
best to take such responses into consideration.  But with all due respect,
this request I'm putting out now is for ideas on how to move forward.  In
other words, I'm looking for good-faith effort to bring ideas to the
table... No idea is a bad one, nor is it unwelcome.  Our job on the
Committee is to take these ideas, sort them out, and present them in
coherent fashion to the Board so the Directors can decide the best way
forward.

Please email me off-list with your responses.

Thanks, in advance, for your help,

-Dean

Dean Wiseman
NSS#32690 RL, Board of Directors