Last night at the DFW Grotto meeting we watched a caving video from  Italy,
"L'Abisso (The Abyss)": In the fall of 2004, Italian cavers discovered an
impressive new branch in the Spluga della Preta Abyss, long known as the
deepest  cave in the world, and still the deepest in Italy.

I think it's my favorite caving movie of all time. The room was silent and
we were all spellbound for an hour. We didn't finish seeing it and will
need to  see the end next month.

I've seen most movies made about caving, and I've helped make a couple, but
 I cannot recall one as good as this one.

Kudos to grotto vice chairman in charge of programs Ed Goff.  You
certainly scored one this time.

Bill Steele