Yes, the sinkhole did just fine without management when owned by rancher
brothers. They gave me and two buddies permission to enter it in the summer of
1955. We had an exciting trip exploring the cave after climbing down the
existent 165 foot steel cable ladder which terminated about 15 feet down the
slope from the top of the breakdown. I took a picture of the ladder from the
bottom which is similar to the one taken by Jimmy Walker of the same ladder In
1952. Jimmy's picture with Cavers on rope is in Carl Kunath's "50 Years Of
Texas Caving". I treasure mine and have it framed. More nostalgia from some of
the best times of my life.
Fritz Holt
fritz...@gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone