Interesting post david...........Preston

On Saturday, September 13, 2014 3:37 PM, David via Texascavers
<texascavers@texascavers.com> wrote:

Fritz mentioned in his last post, the Briscoe Estate.  Below is my personal
story about that place.
By David Locklear
dlocklea...@gmail.com
In the late 1980's and early 90's, I wasted numerous hours trying to initiate a
relationship with the Briscoe's, over the course of about 7 years.
I wrote them several letters. One with an A&M letterhead on it.
I ridgewalked on several adjacent ranches, and hopped a fence.
I met with Mrs. Briscoe, and Mr. Briscoe's Secretary, and made a faithful
effort to get an appointment with him prior to the big caving event in 1994.  I
gave his secretary a small collage of info that I had collected on the cave to
show him I was serious.
The ranch foreman told me he could not allow me on the ranch, but then he found
me wandering around, and I told him I had permission to be on the ranch from a
guy that owned the adjacent ranch, which was partly true.  I think my Spanish
kept me from making him mad at me.
In 1999, I befriended a wealthy attorney in Houston who owned one of the
adjacent properties.  His land was only about 20 acres.
I walked every square foot of it and found nothing.
In all those trips, I never saw anything that looked like a cave.
I mostly just wasted a lot of gas, and in hindsight I wish I had spent that
time doing something more productive.
I never did get anywhere near the entrance of Indian Creek Cave.
I met at least 2 cavers in the late 90's who said they knew somebody that could
get them in the cave had they wanted to go, but do not know if they were
serious.
Supposedly there have been trips to the cave.
It was the #1 thing on my Bucket List for about 15 years.
To the best of my knowledge, other cavers knew what I was up to and nobody said
anything negative, and I had several cavers encouraging me to keep trying,
especially in 1993.

I am not currently in good enough physical shape to go caving there, and do not
see that changing anytime soon.
Last year, I contacted another wealthy attorney from Houston who had retired
and moved to Uvalde.  I told him my story and asked him if he could pull some
strings for me.  I never heard back from him on that subject.
I can tell you that on Indian Creek Road, about a mile past the locked ranch
gate is a beautiful ranch house, and the stock tank near there with the
windmill is or was a good place to cool off from the hot summer sun.
David Locklear