I'm glad this festering conversation is finally being aired. For years now the content police on this list have almost driven me to unsubscribing; the pleasure I take in other posts and in sharing my experiences caving or traveling in Mexico keeps me reading. I also derive enormous humour from the irony, apparently unintended of the people who police the list, stridently doing exactly what they are demanding others cease. But this latest round of taking personal grudges into public is very nasty indeed.

This list is like a party - there are people I enjoy talking with and others I dont. I've long since learned which posts I can automatically delete and which I'll open. And that will be different for all of us. I personally am interested in the descriptions of the flat tire on the way to the grotto meeting, just as I am interested in the descriptions of someone recovering from a serious accident. This is life as lived by a diverse group of people called cavers. However even if I were deeply offended by either, I would have the courtesy to simply not read them.