texascavers Digest 19 Jun 2013 00:56:33 -0000 Issue 1780

Topics (messages 21983 through 21991):

Moby Dick: Supper truck for tough caving
        21983 by: dirtdoc.comcast.net
        21984 by: Don Arburn
        21985 by: dirtdoc.comcast.net
        21989 by: Don Arburn

Re: Remembering
        21986 by: Albach

Bustamante
        21987 by: Mixon Bill
        21990 by: Espeleo Coahuila

Re: TCR Dates
        21988 by: Roger Moore

Re: a tale from the old days of Texas cavers
        21991 by: Ted Samsel

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message ---

How about the Dick part, Don?

I found this thing in my driveway when I came back from Terlingua.  Dan had
left it there, and all the keys and paperwork with a neighbor.

Whatever it is, it is certainly a Great White Whale!!

I have put i t up on Craig's List - and I have had calls from New Mexico,
Texas, Oklahoma, and Wyoming, as well as Colorado.  So far, no one with $$$$
has materialized at my door.

It probably cannot pass the emission test in the Denver-Front Range area as Dan
has ripped off all the stupid 1988 smog stuff, which never did much anyway
except strangle the thing.   I had two guys that wanted it, but only if I got
it passed the emissions test.   I not even abut to try.

Most of the Colorado interest has floundered on the emissions issue.

I actually had two guys drive up from Oklahoma on Saturday, but The Wife put
the kibosh on it.   She wanted something   to take 6-7 people around the New
Mexico mountains and had several excuses, like she wanted another back seat.
Geez!! Ever heard of the junk yard?   She just did not warm up to it.  Her
husband, however, was working his way up to a wet dream.

Biggest problem seemed to be that she damn near fell on her head trying to get
in and out of it.

License from Washington State is good through the end of the month.

DirtDoc