texascavers Digest 1 Mar 2013 14:18:25 -0000 Issue 1714

Topics (messages 21357 through 21360):

Photography
        21357 by: James Jasek

KIWI SINK dig
        21358 by: Gill Edigar

Illinois becomes the 20th U.S. state to confirm the presence of WNS in bats.
        21359 by: NSS Announcements

Man Swallowed by Sinkhole in Florida
        21360 by: Logan McNatt

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message --- There is a new iPhone app for photography that I just loaded and so far I am very impressed. It is a rather complex app with a lot of functions and is able to save images as a TIFF file and can be processed Photoshop if this fits your needs. Check out the app. As an added note, the developer of this app reples to emails and is very helpful and freindly. I was able to send the image to my computer and open it is Camera RAW for adjustment in Photoshop. Really impressive.

http://jag.gr/

For additional information look at this site:

http://jag.gr/2012/09/24/645-pro-development-options/

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
The next KIWI SINK dig will be 10 March. I will be out of town but
there are 7 barrels on the bottom ready to be filled. Try to continue
working on removing the floor material so the minimum amount of that
material will fall through when we finally have the area stabilized
enough to break through to the lower level of clean-washed breakdown.
--Ediger

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Springfield, IL - The Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) today confirmed the presence of White-Nose Syndrome (WNS), a disease fatal to several bat species, in four Illinois counties.

The University of Illinois- Illinois Natural History Survey (INHS), the United States Forest Service (USFS)-Shawnee National Forest, the University of Illinois' Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (UIVDL), and the USGS National Wildlife Health Center-Madison, WI (NWHC) assisted in the discovery of WNS which was detected in LaSalle County in north-central Illinois, Monroe County in southwestern Illinois, and Hardin and Pope Counties in extreme southern Illinois
.
Little brown bats and northern long-eared bats from these counties were submitted to the UIVDL and NWHC in early-to-mid February 2013. Both of these laboratories confirmed the disease, while the fungal pathogen was isolated directly from a LaSalle County bat and a Monroe County bat at the INHS.

See the full article at - http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/news/Pages/White-NoseSyndromeConfirmedinIllinoisBats.aspx
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Just happened last night.  Here's one link

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57571990/man-trapped-in-100-foot-wide-sinkhole-near-tampa/

--- End Message ---