(Last reminder, thankfully! Sheesh!)

Come on out to the next Longhorn Caverns State Park Project weekend!

(I can't make it out to the Convention this year, as I committed to a Scout
group months ago to be at the Longhorn Caverns SP Project in April, which WILL
be occurring. Sorry. Couldn't help it!)

We will meet at the parking lot up from the Visitor Center at around 9:30
Saturday, April 6th.

The TPWD has graciously followed through and approved funds and is assigning
work crews to begin some long overdue trail improvements to quite a few areas
throughout the cave.

Other funds for several other projects in the cave are to follow.

In the meantime, we will be trying to stay out of the way and work on a few
other projects, both in the cave and above the cave, and maybe even try to work
in some ridge walking.

If you'd like to volunteer, TPWD is requesting that you register as a volunteer
at:

http://ec.volunteernow.com/custom/1353/
<http://ec.volunteernow.com/custom/1353/>

All volunteers must apply, then select a location, easiest to plug in
Longhorn's zip code, 78611. The new system works faster than the older paper
system.

(Don't freak out! It's not some "One World Order/Black Helicopter/Fluoride in
your water" conspiracy!).

It's not that big of a deal!

It's just an easier way for them to track volunteer hours and for YOU to see
what's available and needed at parks across the state.

As a reward for helping out with this, the park is offering:

·       Free camping Friday and Saturday nights

·       Free use of The Basement for wild cave tours (the Crownover back
entrance is still off limits).

·       A Free Vanishing Texas Bald Eagle Boat Cruise Sunday on beautiful Lake
LBJ to observe bald eagles!

·       The usual gathering at Bluebonnet Café in Marble Falls Saturday night.
Bring cash or a check, as they don't take credit or debit cards!

If you have hand tools (shovels, hand saws, limb loppers, chainsaws,
wheelbarrows), please feel free to bring them, as well as had gloves and work
gloves.

Work in the morning, caving in the afternoon!

This is a truly fun and enjoyable project and we try hard to keep it that way
and we guarantee a great weekend!

If you have any kids interested in getting into caving, volunteer service,
camping, and just hanging out with some cool folks, bring 'em along!

Come out to a spectacular and historic cave and park, friendly park staff, and
the always entertaining camaraderie of cavers!

If you decide to attend, please let me know so that I can give you the gate
combo and other info!   J

Hope to see you next month!

Thanks!

Mark