Hi folks, I have been informed that the animal on the cover of the March -
April issue is in fact not a Barbary Sheep.  Further research indicates it is a
Blackbellied Corsican Sheep.  While these have been imported into Texas for
hunting preserves, I have no idea how this one ended up in NM just SW of
Carlsbad.  The area around where the photo was taken indicates it has been
there for some time and actually was using the cave for an occasional shelter.
Sorry for the initial misidentifacation but I have never seen a Barbary Sheep
before (or since) and just assumed that was what it was. Ken

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - It's about dancing in the
rain.