texascavers Digest 28 Nov 2012 16:10:31 -0000 Issue 1669

Topics (messages 21051 through 21052):

Kiwi Sink dig report
        21051 by: Gill Edigar

Paging Andy Gluesenkamp (UNCLASSIFIED)
        21052 by: Pekins, Charles E CIV (US)

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message ---
Kiwi Sink Digging Project saw nine cavers and nine barrels all removed
from the cave today--25 November 2012. Along with that 5 medium sized
rocks, 3 of them using a new tandem method (hauled up with a full
barrel) we have this day invented. The guilty parties include:

Gill Ediger
Ernie Garza
Andy Gluesenkamp fu
Leah Gluesenkamp
Jack Gluesenkamp
Justin Rader
Terry Raines
John Schneider
Melinda Tuley

Ruby Gluesenkamp showed up to heckle.
Kiwi was in charge of crowd and quality control.

Today's goal was to excacavate floor material exposed when we removed
about 10(?) big rocks last week (?). A second goal was also to expose
another group of like-minded rocks. Both our goals were realized.
Ernie and Andy moved a lot of material early in the morning after I'd
loosened a lot of it for easier digging. Justin and Melinda showed up
early also and set to work uncovering a buried, recumbent rock
directly .beneath the ladder. Around lunch time all the barrels were
found to be full and a halt was called and 5 of 6 barrels were hoisted
along with 3 sizable rocks--all before the winch got hot. After lunch
we refilled 3 barrels and exposed several more rocks, all of
which--barrels, rocks, and cavers--were removed from the cave and,
after cleaning up and picking up, we all went home.
--Ediger

Totals were:
   9 barrels filled, hauled, and dumped.
   5 rocks loosened, hauled, and dumped.