A few months ago I announced that Beck Ranch Cave was closed.  We had cavers
that went into the cave without permission and one group was detained by the
Sheriff.  Other caver related factors contributed to the closure.  Since the
closure, security efforts including a Home Owners Association Patrol,
electronic and other security activities has been started. PLEASE DO NOT GO
INTO BECK RANCH CAVE. If you are observed within the fence or in the cave YOU
WILL BE ARRESTED.  The Texas Cave Conservancy will host our TCC Winter
Conference February 22-24 in the Cedar Park Texas area.  We have caves there
that you will be able to visit.  The owner of Beck Ranch Cave is holding an
event that same weekend and they will be out in the field.  They know that we
are hosting our event in Cedar Park and have asked the Sheriff to provide an
extra patrol at the parking area and around the cave.

 It is painful to have to send this message out, however, I feel that I owe the
Texas Caving community this notice- to give them a chance to decide if a
trespass trip is worth the effort.  Please spread word of this message to other
cavers.  Come on out and have fun at the TCC Winter Conference.  Thank you for
working with the Texas Cave Conservancy.

Mike Walsh-President TCC