There seems to be a lot more interest in the ICS in the Czech Republic next
summer. Seven years ago, there were only three Austin cavers who went to the
one in Greece, but there are already fifteen of us in Austin who are talking
about going. Maybe it's because we got fired up while helping with the ICS in
Kerrville three years ago. A better reason is that the word is out that the
Czech ICS seems to be a lot better organized than the Greek one. Another factor
is that the Dollar is strong right now compared with European currencies, which
keeps the cost down for us. There is no rush to register before the end of
January, unless you want to register for a pre or post Congress
excursion.(These range from caving and camping, to touristing and hoteling, and
are a big part of many people's Congress experience). The best   excursions may
fill up early. If you know you are going, now is not to early to sign up for
them. One couple in the group I mentioned, signed up for the trip they wanted,
(Ice caver of Austria) on opening day of registration, August 1st, to be sure.
Bill Mixon posted the web sites you need on cavetex on August 2nd. Check it
out.    Pete Strickland 512-897-9235