Dear Friends,

Below and attached is an announcement of the latest in the Edwards Aquifer
Authority's Distinguished Lecture Series. NCKRI is proud to be a sponsor of
that program. If you can be in San Antonio on September 25th, it will be
worth your while to attend. Dr. Goldscheider is an outstanding lecturer and
karst scientist. Please distribute this message to anyone you think may be
interested and contact the people below for information.

George

***************************

George Veni, Ph.D.

Executive Director

National Cave and Karst Research Institute

400-1 Cascades Avenue

Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220-6215  USA

Office: 575-887-5517

Mobile: 210-863-5919

Fax: 575-887-5523

gv...@nckri.org

www.nckri.org

Folks,

I am pleased to announce that Professor Dr. Nico Goldscheider, Director of
the Institute of Applied Geosciences at the University of Karlsruhe, Germany
will be our next Distinguished Lecturer.  The lecture will take place on
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at Southwest Research Institute and start at 9
am and extends to approximately 4:30 pm.  The cost of the series is $20 and
$10 for students. The lecture is titled "Exploration and Protection of Karst
Groundwater Resources: Experiences from Alpine Karst Aquifer Systems."  The
talks are geared for a wide audience ranging from the interested public to
the practicing professional.  The lecture will be divided into six lectures
on various topics and will include a one hour presentation on ethics in the
geosciences field.  Lunch and refreshments are provided.  Reservations are
required and you are encouraged to sign up early as there is limited
seating.  Approximately 120 people attend these very popular lectures.  To
receive a flyer describing the lecture, please email me or Elida directly
and we'll send you a copy. To register for the lecture, please email or call
Elida Bocanegra at 210-222-2204 or ebocane...@edwardsaquifer.org

Thank you,

Geary M. Schindel, P.G.

Chief Technical Officer - Aquifer Science

Edwards Aquifer Authority

1615 N. St. Mary's Street

San Antonio, TX 78215

210.222.2204