texascavers Digest 20 Jun 2012 02:15:37 -0000 Issue 1578

Topics (messages 20215 through 20235):

Re: CM Cave Climb 2012-06-09
        20215 by: Lyndon Tiu
        20224 by: Jacqueline Thomas
        20226 by: Scott Boyd
        20229 by: Lyndon Tiu
        20230 by: Lyndon Tiu
        20231 by: Speleosteele.aol.com
        20233 by: Jon

Re: Blood sucking bastards
        20216 by: BMorgan994.aol.com
        20221 by: Mark Minton

Re: Texas Caver Editor
        20217 by: Mark Minton
        20219 by: Preston Forsythe
        20227 by: Mimi Jasek

Reduviids
        20218 by: Preston Forsythe
        20220 by: Ted Samsel
        20223 by: Gill Edigar

Re: Study of kissing bugs for Chagas parasites in Texas.
        20222 by: Alex Sproul

questions about Mexican caves
        20225 by: Mixon Bill

the good old days
        20228 by: Mixon Bill

Change of TC Editor
        20232 by: Carl Kunath
        20234 by: Mark Minton
        20235 by: Bill Bentley

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message ---
I see not everyone is on Facebook to hear about it :(

--
Lyndon Tiu

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Back to the original post on the "trip report"--please send it somewhere for
publication or if you cannot, at least tell us which cave and when did you do
these things in this cave?

Jacqui

On Jun 18, 2012, at 9:44 PM, David Ochel wrote:

> How about a trip report for a change? It was just meant for Ben and
> Terry's records and is thus lacking some context that is known to them,
> but better than nothing, I suppose... ;-)
>
> The attachment referred to below can be found here:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10593174/CM%20Cave%20Climb%202012-06-09.png
>
> -David

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Lyndon - That's right - we don't all bow down to the allegedly
all-mighty Facebook. 8-)

Mark Alman posted a message a few days ago, right here on this very
mailing list about the changeover. I guess Jerry must have been
sleeping in a cave or something...

Scott

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Lyndon Tiu <l...@alumni.sfu.ca> wrote:
> I see not everyone is on Facebook to hear about it :(
>
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:06 AM,  <jerryat...@aol.com> wrote:
>> A new editor for the TxCvr ?  Anyone want to elaborate on this new
>> development ?
>>
>> Jerry.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Scott, hahaha, but don't blame the messenger ;)

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Scott Boyd <scottd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lyndon - That's right - we don't all bow down to the allegedly
> all-mighty Facebook. 8-)
>
> Mark Alman posted a message a few days ago, right here on this very
> mailing list about the changeover. I guess Jerry must have been
> sleeping in a cave or something...
>
> Scott
>
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Lyndon Tiu <l...@alumni.sfu.ca> wrote:
>> I see not everyone is on Facebook to hear about it :(
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:06 AM,  <jerryat...@aol.com> wrote:
>>> A new editor for the TxCvr ?  Anyone want to elaborate on this new
>>> development ?
>>>
>>> Jerry.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

Lyndon Tiu

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
I did not get that memo via CaveTex either.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Scott Boyd <scottd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark Alman posted a message a few days ago, right here on this very
> mailing list about the changeover. I guess Jerry must have been
> sleeping in a cave or something...

--
Lyndon Tiu

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
I didn't either.

In a message dated 6/19/2012 8:41:41 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
l...@alumni.sfu.ca writes:

I did  not get that memo via CaveTex either.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM,  Scott Boyd <scottd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark Alman posted a  message a few days ago, right here on this very
> mailing list about the  changeover. I guess Jerry must have been
> sleeping in a cave or  something...

--
Lyndon  Tiu

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
I missed that too,
On this very network.

________________________________
From: speleoste...@aol.com
I didn't either.

l...@alumni.sfu.ca writes:
I did not get that memo via CaveTex either.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Scott Boyd <scottd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark Alman posted a message a few days ago, right here on this very
> mailing list about the changeover. I guess Jerry must have been
> sleeping in a cave or something...

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
        I searched the archives and there is no such message. :-(

Mark

From: speleoste...@aol.com
I didn't either.

l...@alumni.sfu.ca writes:
I did not get that memo via CaveTex either.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Scott Boyd <scottd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark Alman posted a message a few days ago, right here on this very
> mailing list about the changeover. I guess Jerry must have been
> sleeping in a cave or something...

Please reply to mmin...@caver.net
Permanent email address is mmin...@illinoisalumni.org
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
From the Facebok TSA page
<Quote>
Mark Alman
NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New TC Editor Announcement!

Jill Orr has graciously offered to assume the mantle of Editor Extraordinairre for "The TEXAS CAVER". beginning with the 3rd quarter 2012 issue, and serving as such into infinity and beyond (or until she gets burned out and wants to hand it over to some other hapless victim, er, um, experienced thespian!).
...See More
Like � �Follow Post � Saturday at 11:04am
 a..
 b.. Linda Palit, Heather Tucek, Julia Germany and 6 others like this.
 c..
   a..
Lyndon Tiu ?Mark Alman, thank you very much for your many years of selfless servanthood spread em open wide up yours service to Texas caving!
   Saturday at 11:28am � Like � 2
   b..
Roger Moore Jill's a star! And three big cheers for Mark for all his work!!
   Saturday at 11:32am via mobile � Like � 1
   c..
Tone Garot ?Mark, it was a pleasure working with you when I was a Texas caver and submitted materials to you. Best wishes for the new editor.
   Saturday at 12:09pm � Like � 1
   d..
Crash Kennedy ?Jill Orr, let's talk. I have some former-editorly advice to impart.
   Saturday at 12:18pm � Like
   e..
   Lyndon Tiu Welcome Jill Orr!
   Saturday at 12:20pm � Like � 1
   f..
   Butch Fralia Welcome Jill, congratulations Mark!
   Saturday at 1:04pm � Like
   g..
   Denise Prendergast Congrats to you both!
   Saturday at 3:02pm � Like
   h..
   Rafal Kedzierski Thanks Mark for all your hard work!!!
   Sunday at 8:26pm � Like
   i..
Jill Orr Ok Crash! Thanks and look forward to talking. How about after NSS?
   3 hours ago � Like � 1
<end quote>
--- End Message ---