texascavers Digest 25 Jul 2012 16:52:13 -0000 Issue 1596

Topics (messages 20406 through 20413):

Re: fumes
        20406 by: Preston Forsythe
        20407 by: Geary Schindel
        20408 by: Stefan Creaser
        20410 by: Bill Bentley
        20412 by: Andy Gluesenkamp

a little more hlep
        20409 by: Jill Orr

Re: :[i]  Re: [Texascavers] Fwd: I need help in Spain
        20411 by: Fritz Holt

Re: fumes in CC visitor center
        20413 by: Louise Power

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message --- That's why I recommended the new approved coal miners light on this forum a month or so ago as the light is methane proof allowing you to breath about anything with setting off an explosion.

Preston

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mixon Bill" <bmixon...@austin.rr.com>
From: Tom Brown <cavei...@yahoo.com<mailto:cavei...@yahoo.com>>
Subject: I need help in Spain
Date: July 25, 2012 6:41:05 AM CDT
To: <cavei...@yahoo.com<mailto:cavei...@yahoo.com>>

I just arrived in Spain, I need your help, I'm in a fix. Can I get a loan of
€1,360? You'll have it as soon as I get back home. I lost my bank card, I'll
appreciate what you can give if not all. Western Union happens to be fastest
and secure means. Kindly get it wired to my name, current location :- Narvaez
69 - Esquina Calle Sainz De Baranda, ZIP Code: 28009 Madrid, Spain. I will also
need the MTCN on the receipt that will be give to you by the Western Union to
pick up the money here. I really appreciate this.

Thanks
Tom

________________________________

UT Southwestern Medical Center
The future of medicine, today.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Ah Ted, from a current fed to a retired fed that was the thought that crossed
my mind, too. However, at Carlsbad (I worked there for 2 seasons) they can
compel personnel to go get checked out, but they can't compel visitors. As a
matter of fact, we could not even call an ambulance unless the visitor okayed
it (and they had to pay for it).
A lot of us were EMTs (me included) and could determine the need and could even
carry peeps out of the cave. I once sat with a woman in the infirmary who was
8-1/2 months pregnant while her husband and kids toured the cave. After looking
at her I did recommend the short tour starting at the Lunchroom and a quick
trip to the emergency room in Carlsbad as they were leaving. Of course, it was
100+ degrees. That was my experience.
Louise

Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 09:47:19 -0500
From: t.b.sam...@gmail.com
To: bmixon...@austin.rr.com
CC: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] fumes in CC visitor center

Fear of lawsuits is wimpishness? Christ on a crutch. Get a grip.

Ted

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Mixon Bill <bmixon...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

The fact that a few staff "had to" be taken to hospital does not prove that
there was any real danger or there were any real injuries, given the "excess of
caution" (wimpishness) that prevails these days. One would have to know more to
decide. -- Mixon