texascavers Digest 18 Sep 2011 19:14:44 -0000 Issue 1394

Topics (messages 18607 through 18608):

Re: Nobel Prize-Winning Physicist Resigns Over Global Warming
        18607 by: Stephen Fleming

Ideas for NSS membership improvement
        18608 by: R D Milhollin

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message ---
Seems to be a parallel here with the 'science' of a human vector for WNS.
Oft-speculated; never demonstrated.

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 12:38, Ron Ralph <ronra...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

>  Cavers,****
>
> Getting too warm in that cave?****
>
> Ron****
>
> ** **
>  ------------------------------

Stephen Fleming
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
*Fear is the Thief of Dreams -- Unknown*

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
NSS Director and Planning Committee member Dean Wiseman posted this to the VAR
list, so I am passing it along to the Texas and New Mexico lists as well. As
Planning Committee chair and denizen of  the drier part of the caving country I
will be happy to help Dean receive suggests and pass them along to the
committee and Board.

On the NSS Planning Committee, we're trying to move forward on issues
central to the future of the NSS.  One category we're working on is the idea
that we can do things to improve the value of an NSS Membership.  To that
end, if you have ideas or thoughts on ways to improve value, I'd love to
hear them.

Fair warning, though:  I've already sent messages out to CaveChat and other
listservs, and what typically happens is that I get a gripe list about
either what the NSS isn't doing, or should be doing, or specific beefs about
past policy decisions.  That's all well and good, and I personally do my
best to take such responses into consideration, but with all due respect,
this request I'm putting out is for ideas on how to move forward.  In other
words, I'm looking for good-faith effort to bring ideas to the table... No
idea is a bad idea.

Please email me off-list with your responses.
Thanks, in advance, for your help,

Dean Wiseman
NSS#32690 RL, Board of Directors
Member, NSS Planning Committee