From: Don Arburn <donarb...@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Ft Davis fires
Cc: "Texas Cavers" <texascavers@texascavers.com>
Date: Sunday, April 10, 2011, 4:18 PM

This is off topic, and I'm fine with it.

Don's iPhone.

On Apr 10, 2011, at 3:56 PM, Logan McNatt <lmcn...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

Just talked to Tim Roberts, the TPWD regional archeologist who lives in the Ft.
Davis Estates just outside of town.  They had to evacuate yesterday but were
able to return to their house today.  He said the firefighters did a good job,
because a plastic shed 15 feet from their house had melted spots on it, but
they hadn't found any other damage .  They had stayed with Mark Lockwood, the
TPWD regional Natural Resources coordinator who lives near Alpine.  Mark was at
Devils River Ranch doing the black-capped vireo survey when he got the call to
come home.   When I talked to him an hour ago he was leaving for Ft. Davis
State Park because apparently the fire there has picked up again as the winds
pick up.  Several TPWD folks in the area did lose their houses.  It's an
ongoing situation.

Here's a Facebook page for the fires:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fort-Davis-Fires/166184330102232#!/pages/Fort-Davis-Fires/166184330102232?sk=photos