http://www.nature.org/wherewework/northamerica/states/texas/features/art29779.html

I think the "seller" is Rod Sanders of Dallas. Apparently, if it is the same
Sanders, he is a trustee with the Nature Conservancy.

--- On Fri, 10/29/10, edwin lehr <edwin_leh...@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: edwin lehr <edwin_leh...@hotmail.com>
Subject: [Texascavers] Devils River State Natural Area‏
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Date: Friday, October 29, 2010, 9:11 AM

For those Texans who think this public land swap and taxpayer money transfer is
something we should not do, I have included the contact information of the
person you should voice your concern to.  If we remain silent it's as if we
don't matter.

Ted Hollingsworth
Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
Land Conservation Director

ted.hollingswo...@tpwd.state.tx.us
(512) 389-4520 office
(512) 389-4469 fax

If you email him you will received the following.

Mr. Lehr,

Thank you for sharing your concerns about TPWD’s Devils River Ranch project.
The Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission has not made a final determination
regarding this project. On November 4, 2010, the Commission will decide whether
or not to authorize the Executive Director to continue project evaluation
potentially resulting in a transaction. Public use planning for the site is
only conceptual at this point. TPWD’s goal is to improve public access to this
spectacular Devils River , while protecting fragile natural and cultural
resources and respecting the rights of other property owners on the river. We
are aware that transfer of the State Natural Area (SNA) will affect paddlers
who currently enjoy paddling the reach from Bakers Crossing to the SNA, and are
looking into alternatives for preserving that recreational opportunity. We also
understand that uncontrolled or poorly managed access to the river will result
in negative impacts and is not in
 the best interest of the resource.

The public will have the opportunity to voice concerns, suggestions or support
for the project before the TPW Commission on November 4. For more details about
the proposed transaction please visit information posted on TPWD’s home page.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/newsmedia/releases/news_roundup/devils_river_land_acquisition/

In the mean time, your comment has been added to the public comment record.

Edwin Lehr