From: Dave H. Crusoe [mailto:dhcru...@projectkir.org]
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 11:05 AM
To: Charles Goldsmith; Cavetex
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] FW: Man vs. Wild: Man vs. Bats

Charles,

At your suggestion, I wrote the following to PETA's info line (
http://www.peta.org/actioncenter/onlinecruelty.asp
  ); not sure what they might do, but perhaps help mobilize the
twitterati? (As I'm sure others have done, I've also fwd'd to the
local grottos).

------------------------
Greetings,

I'm writing to represent a growing outcry (see e-mail from Bat
Conservation International below) over the televised killing of Bats
perpetrated by the star of Man vs. Wild, and available through YouTube
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYAoAdY6UMA).

Please let us know if there is a way you might spread additional word
over the outcry, beyond mobilizing our own communities (we cavers are
a relatively small community, nationally, which the number of people
interested in this issue is likely to be much larger); our hope is to
pressure the Discovery Channel to issue an apology and/or correction
and, more importantly, not promote or depict similar obscene cruelty
in the future.