  From: mark.al...@l-3com.com
  To: J. LaRue Thomas ; Texascavers@texascavers.com
  Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 8:15 AM
  Subject: RE: [Texascavers] All this latest stuff

  Thanks for your well thought out and measured response, Jacqui.

  We did miss you, Bill B., Walter, and the other PBSS members and we value
your opinions as well as
  ALL of the opinions of the other TSA members that weren't present.

  All opinions and ideas are welcomed and equal, even if your voice doesn't
carry quite so far as some others.

  The simple fact, though, is that when you have an issue presented at a
meeting, you have to go with the
  overwhelming wishes of the members present, and that's what we did.

  I am glad to see that we have over 20 members that have signed up for
electronic access to the TC, but, that is still
  not enough to get us back into the black budget wise, IMHO.

  As y'all will soon find out, I may be an independent voter, but, I'm a fiscal
conservative when it comes to members' money and think
  the TSA needs to get back to the business of caving as our main thrust, with
a nice side benefit of a slick newsletter that is published quarterly
  (bi-monthly?) to keep the members informed as to what other members have been
up to.

  This is my vision for the TSA and I hope you agree.

  This is how it was years ago and I it seems to be a good way to go.

  If the response remains poor, we will have to revisit this issue and
contemplate raising fees, at least for those who prefer the hard copy.

  Maybe a decrease in fees for those that go strictly electronic.

  As you said, we'll see how this current action goes and revisit in April.

  http://www.cavetexas.org/members/index.php

  As far as books read, I picked up The DaVinci Code for a buck at a garage
sale.

  What a great book! I betcha it would have made a great movie and I'm
surprised it didn't sell a lot of books!   8^)>

  I'm now reading Excavation by James Rollins (caves, Inca ruins and curses,
and an evil arm of the Catholic Church) and God Bless John Wayne! by Kinky
Friedman.

  See you in April, Jacqui, and all other TSA members!

  Thanks,

  Mark