Ahh Nico, living dangerously I see....
:)

Bill
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nico Escamilla
  To: Minton, Mark
  Cc: Cavers Texas
  Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 9:24 PM
  Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Old Laws

  this is part of what I read on one of the links Mr. Minton provided,  this
law should still be enforced :-P

  And in Memphis, Tennessee, women can't drive a car unless there is a man with
a red flag in front of the car warning the other people on the road.

  On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 8:56 PM, Minton, Mark <mmin...@nmhu.edu> wrote:

          Nico said:

    >I dont belive the Mexican government is famous for keeping their websites
up to date.

          Or their laws.  No government is.  Periodically there are lists
published of antiquated laws in the U. S., like some state still requiring a
man running ahead of a motor car to warn people of its approach.  Once a law is
no longer meaningful, it usually just gets forgotten rather than rescinded.
That is, until some high profile case comes along where someone influential
gets caught by one.  A quick Google search for antiquated laws brought up
these:  <http://www.legalzoom.com/legal-articles/article13758.html>,
<http://www.pub.umich.edu/daily/1998/oct/10-01-98/news/news13.html>,
<http://www.raptureready.com/humor/hb435.html>.

    Mark Minton