David Locklear

 The TSA does have an Awards committee and chair...when we can find someone
willing to take this task on....the TSA has also resorted to the officers as a
defacto awards committee.
As with any volunteer organization; the TSA can and will do whatever our
membership wants to do...and will support with their time and effort. We are a
member driven organization.
 A fabulous example of how the TSA can work is the tower enhancement at Honey
Creek Cave. Bill Steele and Kurt Menking had a fabulous idea. And they pitched
it to the TSA. And the TSA along with the TCMA and TCR are providing funding
for this effort. While Bill, Kurt and others are organizing the work
project.This project is occuring in April .
The Chuck Steuhm awards are TSA awards; but the nominations process and
selection has typically resided with the grottoes.

I would welcome anyone who would like to serve as an awards chair to coordinate
an awards committee made of TSA members.I personally think it best if the
officers of the TSA are not involved in the award selection process.But we,
officers, are always willing to step in and do what needs to be done. With all
the great ideas that you have, Mr. Locklear, I think you are an excellent
candidate to serve in this position. And I appreciate that you are willing to
take this task and run with it. And I will add a report from the Awards
Committee to the agenda for the TSA Winter Meeting at CBSP.I would encourage
anyone interested in serv ing on this committee to contact David. I am sure he
can use your support.David, Thank you for stepping forward and supporting the
TSA. We will see you at CBSP in mid january.

John Brooks
2008 TSA Chairman