The TSA does a lot for Texas Caving...but we apparently do not do a good job
of bragging about all that we do...
Here is one very real benefit that the TSA provides to ALL Texas Cavers
whether they are members or not: The TSA is providing funding for
improvements to the tower at Honey Creek Cave. All Cavers benefit from this.
In addition; the TSA maintains a database of Texas Cavers for the TCR and
the TSA. And we publish on an annual basis a Texas Cavers directory that is
available to all Texas Cavers whether they are members or not.
The TSA is a sponsor of the ICS in Kerrville in 2009.
The TSA provides support for TCR registration. And the TSA is funding the
acquisition of new directional signs used to direct cavers to caving events.
The TSA maintains a website with a consolidated calendar of caving events of
all Texas caving organizations....that is available to all cavers. In
addition the TSA website has information useful to new and experienced
cavers...such as a liability release that can be used by anyone.
The TSA provides organizational support for projects.
I could go on as there are numerous other benefits that the TSA provides to
all Texas Cavers....whether they are members of the TSA or not.
What else does the TSA do? Well, we can do whatever it is that our members
decide to do and support. That is sometimes projects, it is publishing ³The
Texas Caver² or an activities newsletter. We provide cave rescue wallet
cards that could be a resource should it ever be needed. The TSA has held
vertical training workshops that have been open to ALL Texas Cavers.
And the TSA hosts an annual Spring Convention; where interested cavers can
see presentations on what is happening with the various caving groups around
the state. These presentations range from recent explorations around Texas
and Mexico to other topics of concern to cavers such as efforts to protect
regional aquifers and cave systems. As with everything else; membership in
the TSA is not required to attend or participate in the convention.
So...if membership in the TSA is not required for anything we do...why join?
Because, by joining and participating, the TSA can do more to support Texas
Cavers and Texas Caving.....and by joining you get ³The Texas Caver²....but
the real benefit is knowing that your support for the TSA directly
translates to supporting Texas Cavers.