Here's the editor's most recent email to me:

Dear Heather,

I have made the changes you noted, and I have added a prominent note up top
regarding the salamanders. Allow me to please apologize for the mistakes in
this article, and let me thank you for bringing them to our attention. We
have brought these inaccuracies to the reporter's attention, and he will be
getting a stern talking-to about checking his facts carefully. We take this
very seriously, and I regret that we let these errors make it through our
process.

Would you be so good as to check my changes to make sure we are fully in
the clear? http://alcalde.texasexes.org/2014/12/notes-from-the-underground/

Thank you again for reaching out to me. I hope this corrects the mistakes
and avoids any kind of complication for you professionally. If there is any
way I can be helpful to you in the future, please let me know.

Apologetically yours,

On 18 January 2015 at 22:17, Heather Tucek <trog...@cavechat.org> wrote:

> The Editor-in-Chief wrote back to me saying how upset he was to hear about
> thus, and that he will be fixing it first thing in the morning.
>

> -Tucek
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jan 18, 2015, at 6:18 PM, Charles Loving via Texascavers <
> texascavers@texascavers.com> wrote:
>
> I wouldn't agree with that at all. They may get the dumbest thing you said
> so why say dumb things. Dumb things are what we like to see on TV or read
> about. Dumb is good. I love dumb movies and dumb stories. I thrive on dumb.
> People forget everything minutes later so it doesn't matter much unless you
> are running for emperor of aome such ad for gettng it right I always got it
> right.
>
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 10:49 AM, AC via Texascavers <
> texascavers@texascavers.com> wrote:
>
>> Heather,
>>
>> Don't worry about it. The rules for dealing with the media are:
>>
>> 1. They never get it right.
>>
>> 2. If they quote you, they always pick the stupidest thing you say (or
>> didn't say).
>>
>> 3. Most people forget the article as soon as they read it.
>>
>> Allan
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone with fat thumbs
>>
>> On Jan 18, 2015, at 10:27 AM, Heather Tucek via Texascavers <
>> texascavers@texascavers.com> wrote:
>>
>> Wow. So glad I took him caving. I mean, how else could I widely spread
>> how ignorant I am about caves. Barton Springs salamanders in Whirlpool
>> Cave? As if! Never did I even mention endangered anything!
>>
>> That's the last time I take a reporter caving. Like I need any help
>> putting black marks on my name. Sheesh!
>>

>> -Tucek
>>

>> On Jan 17, 2015, at 5:47 PM, Sam Young via Texascavers <
>> texascavers@texascavers.com> wrote:
>>
>>  This article appeared in the UT Alumni magazine, Alcalde.  ....... Sam
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/qx6mt8b

> --
> Charlie Loving

*Go find out!*