Cut the guy a little slack. Most people (including journalists) know more about
the dangers of mines, where there oftentimes is a problem with enough good
quality air, so when a good journalist asks that kind of question, they're
asking that because they know that the audience might be wondering the same
thing.

Diana

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Diana R. Tomchick
Professor
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Department of Biophysics
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Rm. ND10.214A
Dallas, TX 75390-8816, U.S.A.
Email: diana.tomch...@utsouthwestern.edu
214-645-6383 (phone)
214-645-6353 (fax)

On Jan 19, 2015, at 5:39 PM, Mark Minton via Texascavers wrote:

> On Mon, January 19, 2015 12:57 pm, Mixon Bill via Texascavers wrote:
>> One of the more entertaining interviews has one TV
>> reporter asking Ron Kerbo if the rescue personnel had enough food,
>> water, and air. Kerbo just calmly assumed him that they did.
>
>  That was Bryant Gumbel on the "Today" show. When that show was
> broadcast, while we were still in Carlsbad, everyone groaned, especially
> at the air comment.
>
> Mark Minton
> mmin...@caver.net

UT Southwestern