There's a difference between having standards for
performance/proficiency and mandating the type of equipment one uses. As
Fofo said, some expeditions require participants to pass a rebelay
course, but none that I've been on specify what type of vertical gear
you must use. As long as you pass the course in a safe and timely
manner, you're in. Rack or bobbin are equally popular. Some people use a
Mitchell on rebelays, even though the more common system by far is frog.
But certain body types don't function well with frog, and if you have
one of those, you learn an alternative.

  It is nice to be able to borrow equipment from team members, and one
should be at least somewhat familiar with different systems, but I would
balk at being told I had to have specific brands or types of gear.

Mark