To Texas Cavers

The following is a request for financial donations for a project to repair
the well shaft road at Honey Creek Cave. This is not a request for
volunteers.

The road to the Honey Creek well shaft is in need of repairs after many
years of use, neglect and damage from last years rain during a major caver
event.

As Texas Cavers directly benefit from access to the cave, and any efforts
at maintaining good landowner relations may enhance our continued access,
we feel repairing the road is in our best interest.

As such, on the weekend of March 5&6 repairs will begin. Equipment and
labor is being donated to this effort but there will be significant out of
pocket expenses. Two (2) bobcat type skidsteers, a backhoe and a large
capacity dump trailer are being donated. Equipment operators are
volunteering their time. However, this group feels their out of pocket
costs such as diesel and equipment hauling costs should be compensated by
Texas Cavers. The necessary heavy duty trucks and trailers to haul the
skidsteers and backhoe are not being donated.
Initial estimates of out of pocket costs = $1500.

Mr. Arron Wertheim has agreed to be the Project Manager. He has contacted
the landowner to work out road repair details and permission. He has also
agreed to incur the up front costs himself, with the understanding that
Texas Cavers will make reasonable 'not to exceed' commitments (donations)
from which he will be compensated.

We are requesting funds from TSA, TCMA, all Texas Grottoes and individual
Texas Cavers.
Funding shall be made in the form of a 'not to exceed' financial
commitment. Upon project completion those donating shall be informed of
their exact amount to be paid based upon actual expenses. Actual funds will
be paid directly to Arron Wertheim after project completion.

Should you feel this is a worthy cause please email me directly (off
Texascavers Listserve) with your committed donation. Robert Bisset (
chair...@cavetexas.org).

Note: The Bexar Grotto has agreed to fund $500 with another $500 should
fundraising efforts fall short.

Thanks
Robert Bisset - TSA Chairman
chair...@cavetexas.org