I can only guess there is stuff on YouTube in Spanish and French about the
awesomeness of the karst near Zongolica, Veracruz.

https://youtu.be/G0pZsNokJHE

I saw a French VHS video-clip of cavers in Sumidero Boqueron at an A.S.S.
meeting in October of 1985.

The river cave in the YouTube link below was explored by Steve and Lori
Robertson and Jorge Ramirez in December 1985 using inflatable rafts.   I
chose to sit on the river bank and watch them paddle into the unknown cave,
( known to the local Nahua speakers of course ) as I was way too sick to go
caving and not prepared at all for such an wet underground adventure.

The cave I went in was probably about 200 meters in elevation above the
resurgence and about a 1/2 kilometer hike to the village on the only goat
trail to the village and then on to Comalapa.   I don't remember any sign
of a road around these caves.   That cave had all walking/stooping passage
in waist deep pools of water ended for 300 meters horizontally with one 10
meter drop, and then ended in a balcony above a large room with a drop of
50 meter to the bottom, that Jorge claimed landed in a large lake.   I was
definitely intimidated having such a pit before us and no information on
it.   I had Tom Byrd's rack in my caving pack ( on loan ), and chose not to
do the pit, eventhough I had some vertical experience.  [ I learned my
limits on prior trips, and was just glad to have survived them. ]

My guess is the lake was probably the back sump of Nacimiento Rio Tonto,
and we could have done a fun virgin thru-trip.

I just always figured we would go back someday.

David Locklear