Passing along FYI.

I don't know much more than what is listed below.
I'll know more after I see the program in a week.

Clear Lake Gem and Mineral Society (CLGMS)

NEXT MEETING: June 20, 2016
TIME:         7:30 PM
LOCATION:

CLEAR LAKE PARK BUILDING
5001 NASA PARKWAY
SEABROOK, TEXAS

Map of meeting location:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.56528,+-95.06556+%28Coordinates%29&iwloc=A&hl=en

JUNE MONTHLY MEETING

Speleogenesis and the importance of cave conservation
by Liana M. Boop, PhD, Professor of Geology,
San Jacinto College Department of Natural Sciences
Liana Boop became interested in caves in 2005 when she went
on a field trip with the University of Connecticut Environmental
Science Club to Knox and Schoharie Caverns, New York. She
has a BS Environmental Science, concentration in Geology,
University of Connecticut, 2007, and she has worked in
environmental consulting from 2008-2010.

Liana has a PhD Geology, University of South Florida, 2014. Dissertation topic: Phreatic
Overgrowths on Speleothems in Mallorca, Spain (more
info: http://scholarcommons.usf.edu/etd/5187/). She is a Lifetime Member: National
Speleological Society (caves.org).
She will discuss how caves form and what forms within them and why is it important to
protect these natural treasures.

Mike Flannigan
http://www.clgms.org