I find it highly amusing that Norm Pace, the National Academy of Sciences
member and a MacArthur Fellow, was the only one that looked like a science
nerd, albeit a happy one.

Who was Rick Rigg? I’ve never heard anyone talk about him.

Diana

Diana R. Tomchick
Professor
Departments of Biophysics and Biochemistry
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Rm. ND10.214A
Dallas, TX 75390-8816
diana.tomch...@utsouthwestern.edu
(214) 645-6383 (phone)
(214) 645-6353 (fax)

> On Jun 21, 2016, at 1:14 AM, texascavers@texascavers.com wrote:
>
> Thanks for posting, Mark! Although I don¹t remember posing with those boy
> scout helmets and Butterfly lamp boxes, I do have many fond memories of
> that trip and the Cuetzalan area.
> The cavers pictured are:
> Top row: left to right‹me (Frank Binney), you (Mark Minton), Lisa Wilk
> Bottom row: Norm Pace, Bill Liebman, Rick Rigg
> ‹Frank
>
> Frank Binney
> Frank Binney & Associates
> Interpretive Planning and Media Development
> P.O. Box 258
> Woodacre, CA 94973
> 415.488.1200 Voice
> 415.488.1500 Fax
> 415.999.0556 Mobile
> fr...@frankbinney.com
>

> On 6/20/16, 6:22 PM, "Texacavers on behalf of Mark Minton via Texascavers"
> <texascavers-boun...@texascavers.com on behalf of
> texascavers@texascavers.com> wrote:
>
>> Attached is a photo showing cavers in the Cuetzalan (Puebla, Mexico)
>> field house in 1980, about 35 years ago. Whom do you recognize? Of those
>> present, I think only a few are still caving at all, and maybe only one
>> actively. The same field house also served a Mexican scout troop and we
>> found their stash of caving gear: fiberglass helmets and Butterfly
>> carbide lamps. ¡Siempre Listo!
>>
>> Mark Minton
>> Texascavers@texascavers.com | Archives:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/texascavers@texascavers.com/