I'm half afraid to show this video to my plumber, who's fascinated about the
fact that we are cavers, and loves to regale Bill Steele and I with the Hollow
Earth stories he's read on the Internet. Despite all that, he's a good and
reasonably priced plumber, so we humor him.

If you think these theories are bad, you should look at 25 year-old cell
biology theories about membrane fusion. This video is reminiscent of some of
the wackier, simplistic ideas from that field. The exciting thing is that the
reality (which we're still working on figuring out) is more complicated and yet
quite extraordinary.

I did feel bad for all the people from China and other Asian countries that I
saw swallowed up by the sinkholes in this video,

Diana

Diana R. Tomchick
Professor
Departments of Biophysics and Biochemistry
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Rm. ND10.214A
Dallas, TX 75390-8816
diana.tomch...@utsouthwestern.edu