Thank you.

The t-shirt part of that story could have been 1987, as all the memories
are just too fuzzy.

My actual memory was that the shirt had something
more like "Nita Na" or "Nita Ne," but I could not find anything on the
internet about
that, so I wrote "Nita Nanta" in my post.    Maybe it was a t-shirt that
said "Li Nita Connection"  ??

It is all just a fuzzy memory.    That year was only my second time in life
to float on the
Guadalupe River, and that was one of the fun parts about the memory of 1986
or 1987.

I have never been in the Huautla area.

I did go in a deep pit further north in Puebla once, near the coordinates
below

     18°38'08.8"N 97°14'43.2"W
     18.635783, -97.245332

with 2 Australian cavers, Rolf Adams and his girlfriend Dr. Anne Gray in
December of
1989,

and I did poke around in some caves near Zongolica, Veracruz in December of
1985,
with a guy named Steve Robertson and his wife Lori Robertson, and 2 Mexico
city
cavers, Jose Luis Soberanes and Jorge Ramirez.    And there is a road-trip
report about
that in a 1986 Texas Caver.   [ Sidenote: I do not know if any of you knew
those people, but according
to Lori's Facebook page, she got stuck on some job in Hawaii, so they were
forced to move
there.   I have not spoken to them in 31 years except for a brief hello at
Alejandro Villagomez's
wake. ]    I seem to recall a rumor that Steve's older brother got lost in
the jungle for a week in Mexico,
and I think there may be an old AMCS related story about that.

Anyways, back to the t-shirt.

It was a cool t-shirt, and my guess is that it was a tan color and might
have had a map on it, with maybe just lines.

David Locklear