Repost of my comments for those among us not on BookFace.

A) Fending for ourselves disrupts the communal nature of the Saturday
evening meal. If we end up going this route it would be important to
continue with Saturday evening activities that encourage everyone to come
together.

B) Catering will drive up the cost and limit the meal options. There really
is a limit to the amount of fajitas or mediocre BBQ we should be forced to
eat.

C) Folks stepping forward. This is a challenge as we can clearly see the
job is pretty thankless. "You didn't cook polecat three ways this year, how
the hell do you expect me to eat?!?" Most of us no longer cook for the
masses either. Watching new folks struggle to tackle the TCMA breakfast
every few years is always a hoot and it's on a much smaller scale.

Alternative option ) Grotto cook-off - Create competition amongst the
grotto's and tie it into the theme. Have the parade start a little later
and everyone can tour the camp dining at the different offerings or it
could all be brought to a central location. This helps share the load and
teach folks to cook on a larger scale before having to tackle the big feed
themselves.

Ranzau